Tuesday 11 October 2011

Statement of Purpose

Yes, I am supposed to be writing a paper about Jurgen Habermas, some philosopher I have never heard of, but then I had a thought. If this dude was not 90-something, and was my age, would he be still using books to document his ideas? Maybe would he be one of those people that spend their time on philosophical blogs where they all argue nonsense (no offense intended Mr. Habermas). That is when I realized that I should make one with ideas that aren't philosophical! I would consider myself a girl of many different interests and experiences that I could share with people that are looking for something lighter to read. And even if absolutely no one reads it, at least I will have a bit of a more productive method of procrastination. 

I keep on thinking of all the directions that this blog is going to go and let me tell you; it's going to be a disaster.

A friend of mine told me that I don't think in a straight line. My thoughts explode and criss-cross and jump from one idea to the next. So please excuse the random topics, and the varied themes. I am thinking that this is going to be a project to document personal growth and accumulation of knowledge, whether relevant to my education or not.

Anticipated topics include:
-Emergency Management
-Urban Planning
-Fashion
-Food
-Health
-Polish-ness
-Relationships
-Travel
-Student Life
-Whatever comes to this crazy mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment